Friday, August 10, 2007

Something smells fishy ....

Sushi lunch is delicious. Especially when the boss pays for it. Which they did today.

I had some good Ebi. And some real good Bass. And I think some Tako. Which is my all time favorite.

Now, every time we get sushi here at the office, someone complains about how they can't understand the difference between the three different types. Well, I'm here to help.

Sushi is actually the rolls, sometimes called maki rolls. They're delicious, especially the ones with the eel and avocado.

Then there's the nigiri, my personal favorite. That's the one with the fish that sits on the little bed of rice. So it's half fish, half sticky, delicious, specially made sushi rice. My favorites are the Ama Ebi or Sweet Shrimp, Yellowtail, Tako or Octopus and Fluke. All quite, quite good.

And then there is sashimi, which is just blocks of fish. Not a fan of this at all, though with enough wasabi and ginger it's okay. But I like my sushi with some rice. Need my carbohydrates.

And, after taking the Centurionette up to Manhattan last week, we went out for sushi at a delightful place on W 72nd St. Delicious. I even had sushi the next morning for breakfast, it was so good. I've had a lot of good sushi in my life, but that was up there in the top three restaurants I've ever tried. I'll have to go back, eh Centurionette?

So, does that clarify it for you Office Mate?

Oh, and how amazing is this Bud Light Commercial? Maybe the funniest one they did. Can they bring these back, please?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sushi is my favorite! The more exotic, the better. And of course we can go back to Ivy's the next time you come back in to town. Actually, can that be today?

On last night's game:
It was a fun one to watch, despite the fact that I didn't catch it until after DC scored a goal. However, I thought that the most impressive thing Beckham did all night was take his shirt off. Yes, he performed decently well in the last 20 minutes after not playing for 2 month. But I thought it was pretty ridiculous that for the other 70 minutes of the game, they had him parading around the field "warming up" purely to use his face as an advertisement. Then again, from a business perspective, that was the smartest thing they could have done because as the execs obviously predicted, it worked. The stadium was packed. And last I just want to add that it was made obvious last night that DC United is just superior to the Galaxy. It's a fact.

That's my 2 cents.